Why do we use Bitwarden?
- Cozy is developed as a easy and useful tool for a large audience (not only geek) so we look for a mass-market tool that can be used by everyone. Bitwarden is one of those but also :
- Bitwarden is 100% open source software. All of our source code is hosted on GitHub and is free for anyone to review. Thousands of software developers follow Bitwarden’s source code projects (and you can too!).
- Bitwarden is audited by reputable third-party security auditing firms as well as independent security researchers.
- Bitwarden does not store your passwords. Bitwarden stores encrypted versions of your passwords that only you can unlock. Your sensitive information is encrypted locally on your personal device before ever being sent to our cloud servers.
- Bitwarden has a reputation. Bitwarden is used by hundreds of thousands of individuals and businesses. If we did anything questionable or risky we would be out of business.